Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Its raining so much I live in a swamp...

ok so yes it is pouring...but no i'm not technically living in a swamp...its just that the title fits my mani ;0 hehe...today on facebook i found out i was wearing the same mani [well 80%] same mani as Traci from The TraceFace Philes...so i decided to do another mani that is somewhat inspired by one of her previous manis....


This is what I came up with...

This is from Traci over at The Trace Face Philes ... but obviously I didnt have such pretty long nails and I didnt have that nubar color either so I improvised ;)

First off a coat of Julep's base coat...boy oh boy I love this stuff..it makes my nails look so pretty...sometimes  I just want to wear this on its own ;) haha...



Then I put on 2 coats of Julep's Selena, one coat was actually good but I put two on just because I wanted to ;) as usual the formula was great and smooth as well...


Then came the moment I was waiting for.... the Lynderella!! ^_^!!! but then when I grabbed it out from my stash I saw that it had sorta seperated...eek! O_O so instead of shaking or rolling the bottle like a crazy lady, I made sure the cap was on tight and then flipped the bottle upside down and came back around half an hour later to do this part of the mani...


The top picture is one coat of She Lived in a Swamp...i used a dot and swipe sorta motion to put this polish on because the glitter is kinda chunky...and the second picture is with 2 coats...

 Pinky close up
 Ring finger close up
 Middle Finger close up
 Pointer finger close up
 Thumb Close up

Voila...

 Uber close up of my thumb... O___O so much glitter goodness...
close up of my middle finger.... O___O

Lynnderella She Lived in a Swamp is $12 if you purchase it from Lynnderella directly...but her shop is now closed until after the holidays and is a bit hard to get to..... Good news is, Leah Ann from Llarowe [one of my "forbidden online shops" cuz I spend so much hehe...] has Lynderella ^_^!! yay!! Its $15 for one, and $14 if you buy two or more. Llarowe ships internationally while Lynnderella doesn't... go check it out ;)Pin It

8 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the mention and letting me be your inspiration!!!! 0_0 at your Lynnderella separating!!! OMG NOOOOOO!!! The photos look great! I love the close ups!!! I see a shimmer!!!!!!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this combo! Super gorgeous and that base color is stunning!! I have yet to try Julep or Lynderella. I hope to get my hands on some next month when Llarowe gets them back in stock.

    I'm a new follower btw, LOVING your blog! I live in Hawaii too! The next island over :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely nails!! I adore this Lynnderella. To be honest; I kinda like how it looks when separated, because it really looks like swamp water!! XD I saw the bottle and thought "that looks so cool!!" Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Traci : Haha I was going to use Gotta love brains...keep an eye out for that later this week hehe... I stole the idea of the close ups from you ;) hehe....

    @Kelly: Yea Julep has a really good/reliable formula..I really like their base boat..I'm still waiting on this month's maven box to try their top coat :D next time you come to Oahu maybe we can meet up and chat about polish :) hehe

    @Ashesela: haha I was like O_O when I grabbed it out of my stash box...but i was like woaaa the glitter to polish ratio is like half half...thats soo cool!! ... [oh my gosh i still gotta do the nail polish tag you tagged me in.. O__O im such a bad blogger.... I'll do it tomorrow after finals..I promise!]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Thanks so much for the shout out and it looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so awesome.happy holidays! hope you can check out my blog for some +vibes and inspiration! I am hosting 3 great giveaways, 2 of which end at midnight, tonight :) xo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous polish and gorgeous swatches!! I also love the close ups!! nya~I want this polish now....

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I love this one. I wonder why it separated. Mine did not do that.

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and truly appreciate that you take the time to leave one. Please email me if you would like me to look at your blog instead of pasting a link in the comments :) Thank you for your support :)