Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Jawbreakers and Jelly Sandwiches

Next up in the Halloween Challenge from Polish.Glitter.Rock&roll is the Sugar Coma Challenge


...I immediately thought of Jawbreakers for some odd reason...they seem to last forever and have bright colors so i went towards that direction.....but then I was like...WAIT....I could use some glitters to create that jawbreaker-y effect too...so thus my epic experiment began :)


So here's what happened... on my left hand every finger is a jelly sandwich but the thumb is a white polish with glitter....and on my right hand all the fingers are white polish with glitter except for my thumb which is a jelly sammich...

Here's the all the polishes I ended up using.....


 For the pinky of my right hand I used one coat of  my friend Abby's Banana Egg

One coat of Abby's Banana Egg and top coat...

 Forr my ring and middle finger of my right hand I used two coats of 365 Days of Color Funfetti and Cotton Candy
For me Funfetti was great...the white is opaque in 2 coats but the color from the glitter chunks still show...

To be honest I was a bit let down with Cotton Candy... while Funfetti went on without a problem, Cotton candy was a wee bit streaky (can you see the patchiness on the middle finger?) and it was hard to get the pretty pink and blue glitters onto my nail...



 Then obviously I had to use Pretty and Polished Jawbreaker for one of my nails too :) this went on my pointer finger on my right hand..2 coats..
 This went on flawlessly :]


Then for the thumb of my right hand I started with 2 thin coats of OPI Don't touch my TuTu which is a white Jelly...and then I used a coat of Sea Lore's Ariel..then topped it of with one more layer of the OPI...
I love love love this nail so much...I may have to do an entire mani like this one day soon...the greenish flakies of Ariel are sooo pretty..even in this jelly sammich its absolutely gorgeous!!



 Then on my thumb of the left hand I used 2 coats of Dollish Polish Expecto Patronum ;]

As always Dollish Polish went on like a dream and its awesome...im so loving this color too...

Then for myleft pointer finger I did a sammich with Lynnderella Forget you not..

I was disappointed with this jelly sammich actually...it was rather meh~ to me... >.<

Then a sammich with Nostalgic Lacquer Rio went on my middle finger....


 I like how the blue and purple still really show through the OPI... :)


Then my ring finger sammich used Lacquistry's A Friggin Circus

 Gahh I totally love this nail too...I love all the different colors of glitter and the softness that the OPI gives this....

 Last but not least, I used Girly Bits Hippity Hop for my pinky sammich

the shimmer is great and again I really like the delicate girly-ness of this...


You can get the polishes I mention in the links I posted above or you can also go to Llarowe to snag up some Girly Bits, Sea Lore polishes, Pretty and Polished and Dollish Polish :)


P.S. Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!! What a great collection of glitters to jelly sammich with!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this mani! it really does look like jaw breakers!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and truly appreciate that you take the time to leave one. Please email me if you would like me to look at your blog instead of pasting a link in the comments :) Thank you for your support :)