Tuesday, April 26, 2011

More Floral Goodness..

I was soooo stuck on today's manicure... I know its a bit of a cop-out since I've already done a floral mani before but I was inspired for today's mani by Gilly Hicks shopping bags... do you guys know what i'm talking about?


I knew they had the red and blue but this spring season I started seeing the green ones and I was inspired to do a multi-color floral mani... I used the same technique as seen in my Flower Girl Mani...

 For the base colors I used China Glaze- Something Sweet for my thumb, OPI- Skull and Glossbones for my pointer finger, China Glaze- Sea Spray for my middle finger, OPI- Stranger Tides for my ring finger, and OPI- Steady as she Rose for my pinky... ^still playing around with my new OPI-Pirates collection...loove!!^
oh yea...2 coats for opacity ;) *I know in this picture Skull and Glossbones and Stranger tides look like dupes but I swear they're not!! If you look at the final mani below you can clearly tell they are totally diff. shades*


For the flowers on my pinky I used a combo of Zoya-Faye and OPI- Sparrow Me the Drama...


On my ring finger I used a combo of OPI- Mermaid's Tears and OPI Not like the Movies


My middle finger I used OPI-Planks A lot..... *yes I gave in to temptation and bought this one too, thus owning the entire OPI pirates collection* and China Glaze- Electric Lilac


For my pointer finger I really wanted to have orange flowers but I thought China Glaze- Peachy Keen was a tad bright so I toned it down with OPI- Steady as she Rose..


Then finishing off i used OPI- The One that Got Away and dulled it a bit with Steady as she Rose...


  For the leaves I used Revlon Matte Suede- Emerald City




Voila~ As you can see the flowers don't necessarily have to be round or perfect...even if it's a wee bit bumpy that's totally okay because a good top coat (like Seche Vite) will even things out :)Pin It

1 comment:

  1. the last two nail colors for the floral designs are my favorite out of the five.

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and truly appreciate that you take the time to leave one. Please email me if you would like me to look at your blog instead of pasting a link in the comments :) Thank you for your support :)