Saturday, April 30, 2011

Lemme see your peacock ;)

Today's title is inspired by the Katy Perry song- Peacock.. and so I did a peacock tail-like mani with one of my new bundle monster plates...

For this mani I used OPI- Suzi Loves Cowboys as my base color and then I stamped with China Glaze- Midnight Kiss and Revlon- Golden


I was trying to go for a really opaque gold image stamped onto the dark brown (kind of like the effect of China Glaze-Millenium on OPI Russian Navy in my Midnight Dots Mani) so I kind of tested it out by swiping a layet of Suzi loves cowboys onto a plastic sheet and then swiping the other 2 colors on top..I liked the effect but it didnt turn out as opaque as I would like it..


I started with 2 coats of OPI's Suzi Loves Cowboys
Then I used the peacock-like design on BM-212 to stamp


I stamped 4 of my fingers (not the thumb) with China Glaze Midnight Kiss but I only stamped on my outer half of the nail to give it sort of like an exaggerated tip effect..
and for my thumb I used Revlon- Golden... I think I liked the midnight kiss more just because the shimmer of the midnight kiss was still very visible where the Golden was more of a dull finish...

Voila!Pin It

2 comments:

  1. wow i love this, would love to see a brighter combo, like blue and green (as in peacock colours) :)

    shel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oOo good idea! I think I'll try that the next time I have spare time... I'm thinking of using the sally hansen chrome pens I have (i have one in green) and maybe a navy color...will definitely try it out..thanks for the suggestion

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and truly appreciate that you take the time to leave one. Please email me if you would like me to look at your blog instead of pasting a link in the comments :) Thank you for your support :)