Saturday, April 9, 2011

Newsworthy Nails...

Once again...I'm in a rather purple mood... I have no idea why...its the weirdest thing ever... so today I did a newsprint manicure... I've seen it done a couple times but this is the first time I actually attempted to do it myself...
Its actually quite simple and fast to do...


I started with 2 coats of Essie's Lilacism...

This is what I used... just regular rubbing alcohol and newspaper... I just roughly ripped pieces that are big enough to cover my nail...it doesnt have to be cut up nicely or anything..you can just randomly rip it into strips...if you wanted to be extra meticulous then you can actually choose what words you want to place on your nail and place it on top of your nail...*but its hard for me to do so because I have small nails.. >.< hehe

So in the little plastic cup I have a little alcohol and you just need enough to get the newspaper soaked Be sure your polish is already dry!!! *I sped things up by placing a layer of Seche Vite topcoat first*
Then all you do is wrap the soaked newspaper around your nail *like I said you can try to specifically choose what words go on your nail but its rather hard for me because I have small nails..* wait about 30 seconds and you can gently!! press the newspaper to make sure the print transfered...

Finish with topcoat to seal in design!! Voila~~ easy and quick ♡
 My favorite is my thumb nail...it says SLIPPER heheheh...I call it my slipper nail ahahaha... ♡
 and this is how it looks in the sun... it was a great day here today...nice and sunny...

Even this little guy came out to enjoy the sun ;)Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment and truly appreciate that you take the time to leave one. Please email me if you would like me to look at your blog instead of pasting a link in the comments :) Thank you for your support :)